Monday, April 20, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away...

That's right, after a beautiful sunny weekend in our nation's capital it started pouring here late last night. I don't know about everyone else, but I am so tired of the back and forth crappy weather. I am ready for summer!

Weekend Recap

Saturday
I hung up the shelves in my bathroom.
I bought these shelves some time ago and Fernando kindly hung them up in my dining room. I then decided I didn't like them there, and have been hounding him for the past month to hang them up in my bathroom. He didn't, so I finally did. I think Imma have a blister

Sunday
Have you seen the ultimate cake challenge? It's on food network.
Amazing. Yesterday they made cakes that were "extreme cakes".
One of the glowed in the dark, the other had fireworks. The glow int he dark cake won, which is sad, I liked the people on the other team more.

From the Foodie in Me
Amazing Dip I Tried at a Becky's Birthday Party

Jar of Salsa
Blended Shredded Mexican Cheese Mix
Cream Cheese

Drain the salsa. Layer a casserole dish with salsa, cream cheese, and top with shredded cheese.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese bubbles.
Serve.

Around Town
The Washington Monument

I have never been to the top of the Washington Monument, not even when I came here in 8th grade. You need a ticket to go to the top, and they are handed out on a first come first serve basis... at like 7am.
I'm not getting up at 6am to go downtown to get a ticket. That's insane.
Fortunately, the park service realized this and has now made it easier to see the monument.
You can reserve your tickets ahead of time online for $1.50 a ticket.
I don't know about you but $1.50 is totally worth skipping a 6am wake up call.
http://www.recreation.gov/tourParkDetail.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=77811

My Addiction To...
Nostalgia

Seriously, I miss my childhood. I can't flip past sesame street on TV without stopping at watching for a bit.
When I babysit, I almost always have a tea party with the girls.
I own a Disney princess coloring book.
I own every Disney princess movie there is.
I go to the Smithsonian museum of American History to look at Dorothy's ruby slippers and Mr. Rodger's cardigan.
I think my generation grew up in a simpler time, where TV was safe to watch, and the Internet wasn't in every household. I'm in no way saying we should move backwards, but sometimes I do miss the simpleness of it all... plus, the only reality show was The Real World.

My Pet Peeve
Children

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE kids... except when they aren't well behaved.
Parents you know if your child is a terror in a store, don't act like you don't.
It's infuriating to try and do shopping of any kind with screaming kids all about.
For that matter, why aren't you disciplining your children? I understand that sometimes a babysitter isn't an option, sometimes you may not have the money, or you many not be able to find a sitter... I get that. But for goodness sake, don't raise your children to behave like savages.


Books/ TV/ Movies
I didn't read Mill on the Floss this weekend. I was such a bum.
I did catch up on about 4 hours of HGTV. It inspired me to rearrange my living room.
When I was done I realized that it looked better the way I had it before, so I moved it all back.


Personal Weird Fact of the Day

I'm allergic to something in stores. Target, Macy's, Giant... must be something in the packaging.
Sometimes when I'm shopping my hands will get really itchy and red. Just the palms of my hands though. It happened while shopping with Fernando this past weekend.
He made fun of me. He's such a great boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment