Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm An Insomniac...

Monday Night Recap

I got no sleep last night. I finally drifted off around 2am, only to be woken up at 4am. Normally, white noise usually helps, so I turned on the air conditioner (it makes a nice humming sound), but last night my body was having none of it.
Ended up watching a few DVD's and chatting online with others who were sharing my night owl habits. Hoping to catch up tonight.


From the Foodie in Me
Twice Baked Potatoes

I rarely make these because they take FOREVER to make.

2 Cooking Potatoes
1/4 cup of butter
1/8 cup of milk
1 tsp salt
1 tbs butter
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
chives (optional)
bacon bits (optional)
sour cream (optional)

With a Fork poke holes in the potatoes. Rub them with a bit of butter and cover them in aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for about 1hour at 400 degrees.
Remove from oven and from aluminum foil. Cut in half. Scoop out the "pulp" of the potato. Be sure to leave the skin and a small layer of potato. Place "pulp" in a medium bowl and add milk, butter, salt and pepper. Mash. If they are too lumpy you can add more milk. Place the mashed potato mixture back in the skins and top with cheese. Place back in oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes (cheese should be completely melted).
You can top off with sour cream, chives, and bacon bits
Serve!

My Addiction To...
Entertaining

I LOVE to entertain. It's one of my favorite things ever. I love making food, greeting guests, and welcoming them into my home. I think it's part of the reason I completely redecorated my home (complete with paint job). I really like to feel comfortable in my atmosphere and I want other people to feel that way as well.
I also love setting out all the food for entertaining. I think my football watching get together last year were really good, frito pie, pasta salad, veggie tray, hot dogs, sweet tea, homemade lemonade, chips, queso, guacamole, dip, chicken wings, pizza rolls, and mini croissant hot dogs.
I love appetizery food because everyone gets to sample a lot of different things.
I only wish I lived in a house with a huge kitchen so that I could have dinner parties.
Maybe one day...

Around Town
Free Stuff!

Movie Screenings
Earth (by Disney)
April18th
Send an email to studiospecialevents@disney.com . Include your full name, address and if you plan to bring a guest. You will receive an email rsvp. If you do not get an email, the screening is full.

Underwear
Victoria Secret
Sign up and receive a free gift
https://www.vspink.com/pink_nation_landing.jsp

Baseball
Free Orioles Ticket on Your Birthday
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/fan_forum/birthday_form.jsp
(but it;s the orioles, so really they should be paying us to see them play)

Food
Free Chips and Queso from Chilis
http://www.fishbowl.com/clt/chlscrp/lp/join/join.asp

Movies/ TV/ Books
The 10 Commandments
It has always been an Easter/ Palm Sunday tradition in my family to watch the 10 Commandments together. Even after leaving home, I still continue this tradition. On Saturday night, after Catherine had gone to bed, I plopped myself down to watch Charleston Heston at his greatest. I remember I didn't actually see the movie in it's entirety till I was about 10 years old. every year before that I had an early bedtime, so I never got to see the end of the film.
For those of you who don't know, it ends like the story in the bible ends. For those of you who don't know the story...pick up a bible, Standard New American Edition.
My Pet Peeve
Socks
I don't like them. I tolerate them now that I have moved away from Texas, but really, I'm not a fan. I'm especially not a fan when people don't pull their socks all the way on, so there is a little room left in the toe area. Why do people do that?
Personal Weird Fact of the Day
I don't like to see people brush their teeth.
It completely grosses me out. It really makes me want to gag. I can't explain it, I can't tell you why. But Annie can especially attest to the fact that you need to brush your teeth in the bathroom when you live with me... and that's where the brushing should stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment