Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm 26, Now What?

About the Blog

Basically, I'm a year closer to 30... so I started a blog. Make sense?
Yeah, I know it doesn't, just go with it.
I'm using this blog as my outlet to vent, share my frustrations, be a journal of sorts (one that I don't mind sharing with the world).

More School, Sure, Why Not?

I think I'm going to take a class at George Washington this summer. I've taken online classes before, and took a class there last semester. I was all about my masters, but now I've had a change of heart. School's expensive, and I don't know where I am headed in life, so no need to be more in debt for no reason. I do however have a kickass boss who just so happens used to be the former president of GW.
Hello to Tina auditing classes for free... boo-yah.
First class: Introduction into Web Software Development
Sounds fancy, right?
I haven't taken a computer class since I was a sophomore in high school.. which doesn't seem like that long ago... except it was 10 years ago... crap, I'm 26...


FHA V. Conventional? What Does It All Mean?

I had no idea. Home loans are crazy these days. There are so many terms and words, credit ratings, bank meeting, brokers.... AHHH!!!
Seriously though, I had no idea, so I've started talking with a broker. Thinking about buying a house... in DALLAS... bet you didn't see that one coming.
Nope, not moving, just ready to own a little piece of America. Plus, I can rent it out, and my parents can landlord for me. Hoping the place pays for itself. We'll see what kind of financing and loan I qualify for though. Those stupid student loans can't be helping me out any. I just had to go and earn a diploma though... what was I thinking?

TV/ Movies/ Books
I realized in a conversation with Tamsin this morning that I currently watch FIVE television shows. I think this is an insane number.
Wondering which shows? Don't worry, I'll tell you (Beware of Spoilers).
1. Heroes
Save the cheerleader. Save the world.
Seems like a long time ago that this mantra had me glued to my TV set. Amazingly, they saved the cheerleader and the world... then got renewed for a second season. I feel like they might not have seen that one coming. Season two was kinda crap, though I'm sure the writer's strike didn't help. I think they are coming back though. I mean, I still watch.
2. Grey's Anatomy
Ahhh, McDreamy
Started watching this because I felt like less of a girl because I wasn't watching this. All the McSteamy/ McDreamy drama had me going there for awhile. The Derrick/ Addison/ Meredith love triangle was the thing t.v. shows were built on. Then Addison got her own show, I think Grey's has jumped the shark in a lot of ways. Why do I still watch, you ask? Well, every other girl on the planet still watches.
3. How I Met Your Mother
Barney Stinson, nuff said.
This show is hysterical. Neil Patrick Harris completely makes the show though. Don't think I'd watch if he weren't on it. Did you see this week's episode? He tries to stay young by completing a list of things Ted says he's too old to do. I feel your pain NPH. You dyed your hair pink, got your ear pierced and went to a rave. I started this blog...
4. GREEK
Or is That Grssk? (If you know the Greek alphabet, you'll get it)
The show started with Spencer Grammer's character caught in a love triangle (wait, haven't we already covered this? See: Grey's Anatomy above). However, this is college. ABC family realizes this is college... enter Max. Sure we are all still rooting for Cappie, he's cute, funny, and a bit of a bad boy, but I enjoy the reality of college relationships not lasting, not even on TV. Also, I AM Greek (member for life baby), it makes me miss college.
5. The Office
That's What She Said.
I say this phrase all too often. I hope I will always say this phrase. It's funny, it's timeless... it's an awesome show just because it gave us "That's what she said".
Also in the beginning we had a Jim/ Pam/ Roy love triangle. If you haven't noticed, I'm a sucker for the love triangles.
So if I want to cut it down from five which show do I lose?
Around Town
Just found out about an outdoor marketplace in Adams Morgan. Hispanic themed. Each food booth has a flag above it representing which country's food they have. OMG, I'm excited. Going this weekend with boyfriend. I'll let you know how it is. Mmm...

1 comment:

  1. Do you get Showtime? Because if so you need to start watching United States of Tara!

    ReplyDelete