Thursday, April 9, 2009

It Feels Like Friday... But It Isn't...

Around Town

The True Story Of Coca-Cola in Mexico
Gala Hispanic Theater
April 26th
$32-$36
3333 14th St. NW
800-494-8497
www.galatheater.org

I thought this was interesting only because I know that Mexico still makes coca cola with sugar cane, rather than corn syrup. Somthing having to do with sugar taxes being ridiculously high in the US. All I know is sugar cane coke is AMAZING.

From the Foodie in Me
Meatloaf

Meatloaf is the very first dish I ever learned to make. I think my mom deamed it simple enough for even me.

1 lound ground chuck
1/2 onion diced
1/2 green pepper diced
1 egg
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper
4 ounces Rotel

Mix all ingredients together except for half of the tomato sauce and the rotel
Shape into a meatloaf.
In a saucepan on the stove warm the remaining tomatoe sauce and the rotel.
Bake meatloaf in oven on 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then add tomato sauce/ rotel mixture to the top od the meatloaf, bake another 10 minutes.
Serve.
Yum.

My Addiction To...
New Orleans
I think I'm addicted. I go back several times a year, always have a great time and constantly talk about how great the city is. There are so many places to go, and things to do, aside from your usual burbon street debachery.
Ghost tours, swamp tours, a wax museum, see the guys in the green jump suits perform their street routine on Decatur, go to the french market, IMAX museum, the audubon zoo, the aquarium, adubon park, the fly, the lakefront, eat at Dunbars, eat at Mom's, eat at Port of Call, try a handgranade (from tropical isle), try a hurricane (from Pat O's), visit tourist shops, check out the Loyola and Tulane campus, go to New Bruno's, visit a plantation... I think you get it. I LOVE this city.

Movies/ TV/ Books
I know I said I was going to review Farenheit 451 today, but I'm putting it off till tomorrow, cause it's 4:45, and I'm leaving in 15 minutes.
But for your reading pleasure, my top five favorite chick movies.

5. Legally Blonde
YOU got into Harvard?! What? Like it's hard?
4. She's All That
I'm a Bet? I'm a fucking bet?!
3. Drop Dead Gorgeous
W-E-S-T V-I-R-G-I-N-I-A
2. Mean Girls
Shut up! I didn't say anything.
1. 10 Things I Hate About You
I know you can be underwhelmed, and you can be overwhelmed... but can you ever just be whelmed? I think you can in Europe.

That's all I got for today, cause it's 4:55pm and I still have to send a work email... till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment