Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Orleans Rock

New Orleans is known for a lot of things, Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, the food, and the music. When I lived in New Orleans I never truly appreciated being so close to such great live shows. Every year there are 2 major music festivals in the city, Jazz Fest and Voodoo Fest, along with hundreds of lives shows and concerts.

Some of my favorite bands have come out of New Orleans, among them is Better Than Ezra.
I have seen them live only once before, at The House of Blues in the French Quarter. Imagine my delight when I found out they were playing in Baltimore! Imagine my further delight when I found out the concert was FREE!

Tamsin and I headed up to Baltimore on Friday night to enjoy the show.


The venue was really neat. It's called power plant live. It's an outdoor stage set up in the middle of a bunch of restaurants and bars. The whole thing is gated off, so it is very safe.



Pics of the band.


They put on a great live show.

We ended up meeting up with Dave and Rachel while we were out there. It was so insanely hot, but worth it. I'd definitely go again. I hope ya'll check out some of their music, it's really amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment