Thursday, November 12, 2009

McLean, VA

It's not that far from Arlington. Did you know that?
My biggest, busiest client's home is in McLean. It takes me the same amount of time to get there as it does to get to Alexandria. Just some food for thought.

From the Foodie in Me

This is so NOT foodie, but it deals with food, so this is the section it goes in.
Today I had to grab a quick bite for lunch. I decided on the convenience of a drive thru.
I was in McLean, so my choices were limited... then I saw it, the Golden Arches...except, it wasn't. It was just one arch. One yellow arch, standing all alone. No "M" created, more of an upside down U. I was desperate though, and I decided to drive thru anyways. I pulled into the driveway, and drove around back... and then around front... and then around back again. That's right. THERE WAS NO DRIVE THRU!!! (Yes, that called for three exclamation points.) I had to literally get out of my car and walk inside to place my order.
So here is what I'm calling for, the government should forget health care, instead they should mandate the franchising of McDonalds. All McDonald's should have TWO arches, and a drive through, otherwise be fined. That's just my opinion.

Around Town

This isn't a usual "around town" segment. Rather, I just wanted to share an experience I had. Every once in awhile I question my decision to live in DC. I like it here fine, but my parents, and siblings live 1500 miles away, in Texas. I miss them a lot and I miss my state.
Tonight as I was driving through the city I passed the US Capitol Building. I was driving on the house side of the capitol, and there it stood in all its glory. Our capitol makes me smile. It makes me remember why I moved here. I wanted to be where it all happened, the center of what ran the greatest country on this planet. Seeing the capitol building all lit up at night just reminds me of not only why I moved here, but why I stay

TV/Books/Movies

Thursday Night Football
I love football. I really do. I love rooting for the players, and saying things like "WE" won, when I had nothing to do with the win. I even love being heartbroken when my team loses, because it makes me remember I'm in it for the long haul. However, I hate Thursday night football. I understand the NFL is trying to provide us with as much football viewing as possible... but if they REALLY wanted to do that, then the games would be shown on a network that is accessible to everyone, not just those who can afford the NFL network. Most of us (not me, but most of us) have work on Friday. We can't go out to some bar and stay up till all hours of the night watching football. It's just not fair, and I don't like it one bit.

In your face Annie, another day, another post.

1 comment:

  1. aw you're Around Town part made me get chills! Maybe cuz I'm in the middle of planning a trip for the senior class to DC...who knows

    ReplyDelete