Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's 2:30am...but it's Tuesday

I told you i would post every day this week.
HA! to Annie.

Why am I up? You ask?
Well, I'm a horrible insomniac, so here I lay awake at 2:30am.

From the Foodie In Me

So this is perhaps the least foodie thing ever... but, if you haven't tried the microwaveable steamed veggies, you need to. They are AMAZING. Seriously, they are a great addition of veggies to any meal, and they are done in 5 minutes in the microwave. You literally stick the whole bag in there and presto, done! Go out and buy a few bags, I guarantee you'll be a fan.

TV/Books/Movies

MAD MEN SPOILER ALERT

So, If you haven't been following Mad men this season, you're missing out. There are a few episodes that I get frustrated at, but Sunday night was the season finale of the show.
It was AMAZING. Betty left Don! I can't believe it! I am sure that isn't the last we see of her, but it's weird because I am angry with her for leaving... but HE is the one that cheats on her constantly. You have all these wonderfully flawed characters. The show is just so interesting.
Please start watching if you don't already.

Personal Goals

So I mentioned few weeks back that I was trying to lose weight. I started posting about my daily food intake. While I fell behind on my daily postings I luckily didn't fall off the exercises/ eating right wagon. I managed to lose... weight (get the pun) for it... 21 pounds!
I was amazed myself. Though, I can't take all the credit for this. A lot of it had to do with my surgery and my all soup diet. Now that I have lost the weight I am really working on keeping it off, and losing more. My goal is 12 more pounds by Christmas. Also, as a personal feat, I tried on my smaller size jeans today and they fit! I was really excited about this. I still have an even smaller size in my dresser drawer to aspire to, but for the time being, I am happy to be out of my "fat jeans". Yay healthy living!

Grinds My Gears

Tolls

Seriously, it cost me $33.80 in tolls to go from DC to RI this past weekend. I was flabbergasted. It cost me almost the same amount in gas as it did in tolls. That's just not right.
Two thumbs down to the NJ Turnpike.

No comments:

Post a Comment