Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday: A Rant

I try to stay fairly upbeat on this blog. I really want it to be about crafts, and fun, and being awesome (which I am), however, every once in awhile I must rant.

It's no secret that I'm a small government person.
It's just my opinion, and respect those who disagree with me.

However, this week I have been completely anti-government.

Let me explain.

I am in the process of procuring a small business license.
There are about 10 million hoops to jump through.
I need three different licenses to start my business, and I need to pay a myriad of fees.
Not to mention that no one in government is capable of giving me straight answers when I ask them questions. It's absolutely the most frustrating process ever.

I'm really excited to get things up and running, but I would be a lot more excited if government wasn't trying to take an extra large bite of my apple. Did you know it cost $500 to get a small business license in Virginia?!
I find that reprehensible.
The government is making it HARDER to become self sufficient.

Sigh.

There is my rant for today.

And to end on a happy note, here is a picture of puppies:


2 comments:

  1. Bummer on jumping through hoops, it's very easy to get one in TN. I hope you will be making crafty wares and selling them online. I am far to lazy to make cute stuff but love your creativity! I saw a apron yesterday in the lemon print from your ottoman and kitchen rug and thought of you!Good luck with the government offices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina,

    You and I both know it's a bad idea for us to talk politics, so I'll stay off the topic. I completely agree that $500 seems outrageous for a license. But I do feel the need to mention that most people in positions of power have a totally warped sense of money. Hell most apartment complexes want residences to pay $500 as a NON-refundable pet deposit. See, that's just crazy. Why can't people understand that $500 is A LOT of money for people!

    OK I'm done.

    PS. I like the puppy pic :-)

    ReplyDelete