Thursday, September 9, 2010

Curtains are Called "Window Treatments" When You're a Grown-up

I have no idea why. But that's what I'll call this little project to make it seem more legit.
First thing I did was make a standard curtain from some fabric. My fabric was a heavy kind of canvas. I cut it to the specific dimensions of my window. I sewed a "tube" on top for the curtain rod to go through:


What I did different, was I also sewed "tubes" on the sides of the curtain. I pulled a thin piece of ribbon through the side tubes and scrunched up the fabric, seen here:

I tied the ends of the ribbon on the side tubes so that the fabric would stay bunched. Then I cut 2 pieces of ribbon from my ribbon stash, and used them to hold up the curtain. After a little fluffing and rearranging I think my curtain turned out rather well.

Simple, adorable, fun, decorative. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Tina, can you come make my windows in my apartment look that cute too???! I just might have to try this out, been thinking about doing something like this for a while, just have never gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I haven't been into a craft store since 1992 (don't hate me, Tina!), can you tell me how much something like this costs? Just curious... not planning on making any window furnishing any time soon, but you have to know that your stuff always looks like a million bucks :)

    ReplyDelete