I have no idea why. But that's what I'll call this little project to make it seem more legit.
First thing I did was make a standard curtain from some fabric. My fabric was a heavy kind of canvas. I cut it to the specific dimensions of my window. I sewed a "tube" on top for the curtain rod to go through:
What I did different, was I also sewed "tubes" on the sides of the curtain. I pulled a thin piece of ribbon through the side tubes and scrunched up the fabric, seen here:
I tied the ends of the ribbon on the side tubes so that the fabric would stay bunched. Then I cut 2 pieces of ribbon from my ribbon stash, and used them to hold up the curtain. After a little fluffing and rearranging I think my curtain turned out rather well.
Simple, adorable, fun, decorative. Enjoy!