Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fun Free Finds (I like alliteration )

The other day I was walking down the street and I noticed that the duplex next to my apartment building was being remodeled. They had tons of stuff outside, including an old wooden ladder. I have been wanting an old ladder for some time now, I quickly rummaged through the debris on the sidewalk and uncovered my new treasure:

I brought it into my apartment and cleaned it off. After cleaning it I took out my saw, which you can see in this picture. I knew the ladder would be too big for my apartment in its current state so I cut it down to three rungs. After cutting it down I painted it an off white color. Originally I wanted it a brilliant white, but off white was all I had sitting around my apartment.

After painting the ladder I hung it on the wall on a couple of nails. I rather enjoy the new decorative shelving!


What do you think? I love it. Originally I was going to full it with books, but it looked too busy. I like this much more. I especially love that the books that did make it to the shelf are all Ayn Rand books! The picture frames are the same ones from this post (from my old blog). Instead of putting pictures in them I put fabric scraps in. I loved framed fabric. It can easily add some color to any room.

Also, on a side note, I have begun my funemployment time. So expect more posts, more crafting and more Tina in general!




2 comments: