Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Did you miss me?

Did you miss me? I know I haven't blogged in forever, but I was on VACATION!
It was a fabulous time with some fabulous ladies. Nine girls from my sorority, including myself went on a cruise together. We had a fantastic time. The rest of the week will detail the finer parts of the vacation and with any good story, I should start at the beginning.

Our cruise departed out of New Orleans. As we all flew in the day before I coordinated a cocktail hour, if you will, at one of our favorite old haunts: TJ Quills.

TJ Quills was the first bar I ever went to in college. It was located across the street from my favorite college bar (old) Brunos, which has since closed. On Wednesday night TJ's has a special. 32 ounce cups of beer for $5 and refills for $3. We call it swiller night. Oh, and the lovely ladies of Gamma Phi Beta swilled like swilling was going out of style.


At one point the bar had closed and become "the Raven". This was after my time. The Raven didn't last long. So glad we have our TJ's back.


Well with any good Gamma Phi function we have to have the DJ play "Come on Eileen" (it's our jam), and we have to "sing" "Drink a Beer" (our sorority chant). Once we started chanting the DJ turned off the music. There is no contending with 15 sorority girls chanting at the top of our lungs. We took classes on how to sing in union. We have this down.


Sam, Me, Allie, Swiller Cup


All the alumni that made it out. It was so amazing to see everyone!
Leave it to my sisters to make it out on a Wednesday night and make it rain.

Again, this was only night one. Stay tuned in tomorrow for Day 2: The Cruise.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to read about the cruise!

    ReplyDelete