Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Made My Day

So, I've been having a craptastic day that I don't really want to get into on my blog. However, there was one ray of sunshine. Earlier I checked my blog for comments and saw that one Mrs Emily Clark (Canizaro) found my blog! Emily is a good friend from my Gamma Phi beta days. For some reason or another I always called her by her full name... until she went off and got married! I only have myself to blame, as I (along with another sorority sister) introduced her to her now husband! I'm so happy that some of my sisters are out there reading about my life, makes me feel younger, and close to nola.

Playoffs

Have I mentioned how psyched I am for the playoffs! Dallas won their wildcard game last week and this weekend we head to Minnesota. It's a Favre/ Romo showdown! I am grateful for a few things.
1. We actually won a playoff game, so I can stop hearing "cowboys/December and choke" in the same sentence.
2. I think our team is better than the Vikings.
3. John Madden is no longer an announcer, as he would wet himself announcing this game.
4. We're playing a dome. It's bad not to have home field advantage, but the real killer would have been playing in the freezing cold. Dallas just isnt used to it. I think we can overcome the Vikings fans better than we could overcome sub zero temperatures.

Go Cowboys!

Grinds My Gears

Patent Leather Heels

I LOVE them. I HATE them. Sigh. I've had 2 pairs of patent leather pumps and they have both fallen apart in the exact same place. The patent leather doesnt have enough give. So even though it's super shiny and pretty, I don't think I'll be buying anymore patent leather shoes for awhile.

From the Foodie in Me

This is actually just a quick funny story. My roommate has a friend who recently watched the movie "Julie and Julia". She decided that as her New Year's resolution she is going to take a page out of Julia's book and try a new recipe every day. However, instead of using "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", she'll be using "The Bartender's Handbook". Only in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment