Thursday, January 21, 2010

Boredom Has Set In

Seriously bored.

Gamma Phi Beta

I'm sure I have mentioned before that I am a Gamma Phi Beta. Joining a sorority was one of the best things I ever did. I made great lasting friends, and I know I have a network of sisters around the world that will help me at the drop of a hat.

This weekend I'll be advising some of my sisters at George Mason University. I'm the designated ritual and personal and chapter enrichment (PACE) advisor.
I'm really excited about working with the girls at Mason and helping them plan some great activities and really get all that they can out of the sorority experience.

Also in sorority news: Gamma Phi Beta has a quarter magazine. I just got my issue yesterday and featured in it was a story about one of my sisters from my chapter! Laurie Levia graduated a few years before I did, but she was President of the chapter my freshman year. Laurie's daughter, Olivia, has sanfillippio syndrome. The story in The Crescent is about her family's journey navigating Olivia thru treatment at Duke Medical Systems and about the importance of umbilical cord banking. To read all about it, and more about Laurie and Olivia, check out her blog, Life with the Leivas (it's in my blog roll) at http://mikelaurieandolivialeiva.blogspot.com/
You can find the Crescent Story here: http://www.gammaphibeta.org/crescent/pdf_archive/2010_1-Winter.pdf (page 22, pic on page 3)

Grinds My Gears

My property management company.
They are ridiculously inept. Every single thing they do is half arsed. Today they came to paint over the water lines left by last months flood. Instead of painting the whole wall, they are just painting to the point which the water lines are. Anyone with common sense knows that paint ages. Now the walls will be 2 different colors. Awesome.
So sick of them.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Tina! I still read your blog daily and love it!

    ReplyDelete