Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm Procrastinating...

I have SO much work to do and no desire to do any of it.
Although my furlough was nice, it is so hard to get back into work mode after having time off.
Also, in general the office really picks up pace starting September 1st. I feel like DC especially operates on a school schedule. Lots of companies have summer hours, the hill is out of session. Everyone is having a great time. Also, you know if you read regularly that I am just ready to not work anymore. I really thought at some point I would be bored on furlough. I would get tired of daytime TV, and want to get back to business. Nope. Didn't happen. I turned on the TV twice during the day. I think I am a rare breed of person that doesn't need the TV playing in the background while they are doing something. I am perfectly happy in my own thoughts. As a matter of fact, I usually only have the TV when I'm going to bed.
I accomplished so much in my 2 weeks off. It is making me long for thanksgiving break (the next time I have days off). I was originally planning on going to Texas, but I think I might stay put after all, get more accomplished and save some cash.

Interesting Personal Fact of the Day:

My Insane Travel Schedule
Yes, it's insane travel time again. I know you're all dying to know so here we go:

November: Rhode Island (Dave and Rachel's Wedding)
December: Texas (Christmas)
January:Vegas baby! (Over MLK Weekend)
February: Barcelona (With Anna Pope)
March: New Orleans (for FF's bachelorette party)
April: New Orleans (for FF's wedding)
May: Dallas or Chicago (for Jackie's bachelorette) and OBX (Memorial Day Weekend)
June: Dallas (Jackie's Wedding)
July: Beach, don't know which one yet. (Gamma Phi Beach Retreat)

FOOTBALL!

OMG, I am SO excited that it's football season again!
Okay, calming down. Tonight is the first regular game of the season with The Titans facing the Steelers.
I HATE HATE HATE the Steelers. I actually hate all PA teams. Plus, I'm a sucker for Vince Young (yes, I know he's back-up) so I'm rooting for the Titans this weekend.

It always makes me sad that Summer comes to an end. I know I'm an adult now, and I dont even get summer break anymore, but I just love the warmer months. It's already starting to cool down in DC, and I have broken out a sweater or two. Football is the only redeeming factor during this time. I look forward to the games every Sunday, I curse bye weeks, I love our monstrosity of a new stadium, and I love that Jerry Jones wont raise the TV's. Ahhh, football!

From the Foodie in Me
(sorta)

Clarendon Grill, it isnt really about the food. Don't get me wrong, the food is decent, and they have fair prices. It's about the seating. I feel like all of us have gone to that really awesome restaurant, with the great tasting food, and havent been back because the service sucked?
This place is just the opposite. I dont really go there when it's not football season, but every Saturday without fail you can find me sitting at that bar stool. The manager, Chris, is also a Cowboys fan. The main bartender, Rob, is a diehard redskins fan, and he and I like to talk "smack" to each other. The waitresses (esp Robin) are very friendly and accommodating. These people have moved tables for us, given us special treatment, made food that wasnt on the menu. I have to say I absolutely love this place because of the service. If your looking for a place to watch football on a Sunday, this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment