Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bad Blogger

Is what I've been. I've been super busy traveling about, so I at least I have a reason.

Anne's Wedding

Le Sigh. Anne is one of my best friends. She got married last weekend. I'll post pics to my fb soon. She was such a beautiful bride. I was actually there the night she met her husband, Jim. We were at club Lir in Boston. The reason we were out was that I was visiting town. I like to think I played an important part in their meeting.

Dark Room

I've been getting really good sleep lately because my new room doesnt have windows. It's awesome. I've become a huge fan, even though I originally thought it would be depressing.
Today, however, is my first day back at work after my furlough and I am exhausted. I need to readjust my sleep schedule to normal sleeping times, as opposed to "whenever".

TV/Books/ Movies

Greek is back! I'm really excited about this. I love that the show is a fairly accurate description of college/ Greek life. Of course it's dramatized, but it's TV, it has to be that way. I don't think they portray the Greek system in a bad light. You get in fights with sisters, you get angry at frats, there is a "best house", etc etc etc. I recommend this show.
Team Cappie!

From the Foodie in Me

I have a lot of male friends who don't really know how to cook. I've featured a few recipes that are "guy friendly". Meaning they only require a few steps.
This is another shout out to the fellas (and the ladies who cant cook), easy tips and changeable recipes that allow you to eat well at home, without a lot of effort.

Pasta/ Chicken Change Up:

1 Cup Pasta Cooked
1 Chicken Breast, (salt and peppered) baked in over for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
1 bag frozen veggies, cooked (I like the kind you microwave for 30 minutes.

The key to bringing all these things together is a good sauce. A new and different sauce will change the meal every time.

Cheese sauce - Start with some heavy cream, or milk. Add grated Parmesan cheese on a low heat, stirring till combined. Throw in any other cheeses you have on hand. Basically any cheese can go in this sauce. Add a bit of salt and pepper and you can mix in the pasta/chicken/ and veggies for an instant meal.

Tomato sauce - Start with either tomato sauce or a spaghetti sauce from a jar. Add in every spice on your spice rack (garlic, basil, rosemary, salt, pepper). Also add half a cup of sugar and if you have a diced tomato or bell pepper on hand, throw it in. Simmer on a low heat till the sauce bubbles. Instant meal!

I'll update with sauces every so often for more cooking ideas.

Around Town

Free!

Taming of the Shrew

Thursday, August 27, 2009 - Saturday, September 12, 2009
Location: Sidney Harman Hall
The Taming of the Shrew
By William Shakespeare
The Taming of the Shrew, Shakespeare gives us the improbable courtship of the fiery-tongued Katherine by the arrogant Petruchio.But unlike Shakespeare’s other romantic comedies, the play does not stop with the wedding. Shakespeare considers the institution of marriage, the rifts between men and women, and the rough journey toward love.One of Shakespeare’s earliest and most popular comedies, The Taming of the Shrew bursts with disguise, deception and devilment.The Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Free For All is a much-loved Washington tradition, offering free performances of a Shakespearean classic to the general public. This year the Free For All moves to STC's new state-of-the-art theatre Sidney Harman Hall.“Smashing … a chic, funny and marvelously acted modern-dress production.” - The Washington PostEvent Information Location: Sidney Harman Hall, 610 F Street, NWAdmission: Free Reservations: Not required Tickets can be obtained free of charge in-person the day of the performance at the Sidney Harman Hall Box Office. Staff will begin distributing tickets two hours prior to curtain (please note curtain times do vary). Each person in line is allowed two tickets. Tickets are subject to availability. Seating is reserved and will be at the discretion of House Management.

No comments:

Post a Comment