Monday, June 22, 2009

Theo Told Me To...

Update my blog. So I am. You can thank Theo for this post.
I was so busy with work last week that I just didn't have time to update.

Work

For those of you who read often you know that I was just added to another team. I'm working with International Education now, which is really demanding, but interesting all the same.
Working with the healthcare industry I have come to notice that more and more of my clients are forgien clients looking for the best and brightest Americans to move overseas and join their companies. I now see that the same thing is happening in the education industry. Right now I have 2 new clients. One is Armenian, the other is Saudi Arabian. It's really something to be worried about. These people are doing wonderfully for themselves, however America is losing out on its best resources. It's a scary thought because I know that this must be happening across the board in every industry, not just the ones I work with.

Around Town

King Lear

I know I have mentioned the $10 tickets before but I will now mention again because this is a great deal. Right now there is only a day showing available but they come out with the newest tickets tomorrow. So go early to their website: https://www.shakespearetheatre.org/tickets/reserve.aspx?source=t&id=5980&sourceno=2010&promofilter=yes
and get tickets!

From the Foodie in Me

"Quick" Cornbread Dressing

My grandma made the best cornbread dressing on the face of the earth. My mom now follows the recipe and is 99% as good as grandma's. I make it and I'm at about 80%. It's still the best stuffing ever, but I'll have to practice more before I can make mine as good as theirs.
I've tweaked the recipe (so as not to give out the secret ingredients- and using cornbread mix instead of from scratch) and made it more manageable for a weekday dinner (as opposed to Thanksgiving dinner).

1/2 Can cream of Mushroom
1/2 Can cream of Chicken
1 box Cornbread mix
6 oz seasoned croutons
2 stalks celery (diced)
1/2 onion (diced)
1 stick of butter
Salt - 3 tbs
Pepper - 2 tbs
Poultry seasoning - 3 tbs
sage - -2 tbs
1 can chicken broth

Cook cornbread mix to specifications on the box.
Crumble cornbread into pieces and fold in croutons.
In a fry pan, sautee diced celery and onion.
Fold celery and onion mixture into cornbread/crouton mixture.
Fold in cream of Mushroom and cream of chicken.
Add spices.
Transfer mixture to casserole dish.
Cut butter into small pieces and top mixture with butter pieces.
Top entire mixture with chicken broth.
Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

Weird Personal Fact of the Day

Socks, I don't like them. I feel like you shouldn't wear them unless you're wearing shoes.

Weekend Recap

I spent the weekend in Pawleys Island, SC.
It was absolutely gorgeous. We had perfect weather and I am darker than I was before I left.
I spent my days on the beach, it was awesome.
While there I also took a bike ride to the local Waves to pick up a fun noodle and a magnet.
The drive was a totally of 957 miles total. I feel very proud of myself. It still doesn't break the record though.
15 hours from South Padre Island to Pensacola Beach, Fl.
17 hours from Notre Dame to New Orleans.
I can totally do some driving if need be. "Need" is usually some sort of vacation.

Now what I "need" to do is figure out how to get to the beach again.

No comments:

Post a Comment