Monday, June 15, 2009

I Blame Annie...

For my lack of posting.
She told me she wanted to guest post. But then she got "sick" and kept putting it off. So I kept putting off posting. We can all blame her for my lack of posts.

Weekend Recap

Saturday

I went shooting at the NRA range with Anna, Hugh, and Steve-o. I am now a proud member of the NRA. It was SO much fun. I had an absolute blast. After a tough week there is nothing better than shooting. I shot a 22 and a 9 mil. I liked the 22 better, but I was advised that if I was going to buy a gun I should buy the biggest gun I can handle. I think I need to try a few more before I make a decision, but it was a good time nonetheless.
On Saturday I also went to the Cowboy mouth concert. It was a good time as usual. Slightly upset that they only played one set. I feel like the 9:30 Club kind of ripped me off. They are a great show any way you look at it though. Fun times were had and I for the first time in 6 months got drunk.

Sunday

I woke up feeling phenomenal! I got out of bed ans stumbled some, then I realized I was still drunk. The hangover headache set in but luckily I was drinking my weight in rum, not beer, so the hangover wasn't awful. Tamsin and I set off to Elicia's place (she has a pool and a tennis court). We spent the majority of the day pool side. It was so nice just to enjoy the sun after a hard night of partying. We capped off the evening by heading over to Baja fresh to have a "quick" dinner with Annie and Brooke. I put "quick" in quotation marks because we ended up sitting outside of Baja fresh in Clarendon for like 3 hours. Literally the baja fresh workers turned out all the lights and still we sat just chatting. It was really nice.

From the Foodie in Me

My Top Five Fave Places to Eat in Clarendon

5. Jay's
Their menu is simple and cheap, plus I really like Torence.

4. Mr. Days.
Their cheese fries are an out of this world experience. Just ask Annie and Dave.

3. Clarendon Grill
Not so much for the food, but for the fantastic service. Rob is my man.

2. Whitlows
1/2 Price Lunch every day of the week! Their WOW pannini is just WOW.

1. Facca Luna
2 slices of Pizza, a kickass salad and a drink for $6. I dare you to beat that price.

Family Ties

So my brother (Adrian) called me on Saturday morning to chat. I am really close to both my brother and my sister. We have been known to have three way calling sessions with each other, we are tight like that. So this is an actual conversation I thought was amusing.

Adrian: You'll never guess what I saw on TV last night.
Me: What?
Adrian: He-man.
Me: The cartoon? or the movie? or the cartoon movie?
Adrian: Nah, the cartoon.
Me: I didn't even know that was on the air anymore. What channel was that on?
Adrian: Nah, I have it on DVD.
Me: You're the biggest dork I know. I can't believe you have the He-Man series on DVD. You're such a nerd.
Adrian: ** laughs** Yeah, I know. I wanted the cartoon-movie but I couldn't remember the name of it.
Me: He-Man and She-Ra, The Secret of the Sword. Wait, let me go to the shelf and get my copy to double-check.

That's right ladies and gents. My brother has the animated series on DVD and I made fun of him for it, but I have the full length animated film on DVD. Bought it last year. When we were little and allowed to pick out a movie at the video store it was the only one we could ever agree on. We must have watched it 100 times. The makers of the He-Man/ She-Ra line are geniuses.

Grinds My Gears

Perez Hilton. What a commie bastard.

Weird Personal Fact of the Day

I didn't know what an adverb was till the 8th grade. I went to crappy public school till 7th grade and was never taught parts of speech.

Books/TV/ Movies

The 5 People You Meet in Heaven

So while at Elicia's on Sunday I forgot to bring a book so I grabbed this off her bookshelf.
It's a quick little read only about 200 pages. I recommend as a great plane book. Something to pass the time that you'll be finished with by the time you hit the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment