Friday, May 8, 2009

Everybody's Working for the Weekend...

But the weekend is upon us! It's been a long week. I'm happy that it's time for a few days off, plus, it looks like God got the memo. The weather today is beautiful.

On the Bus this Morning...
My smart card was totally out of cash, didn't even realize. And I had no cash on me.
The driver was nice and let me ride for free.

Around Town

So apparently there is another "Screen on the Green" type thing in Crystal City on Mondays.
The theme this year is "Superheroes". I have to say, there is some total crap on the list. I mean just awful movies (Batman and Robin). But there are also some classics (The original superman starring Chris Reeve).

Movie: Spiderman 2
Location: 18th and Bell Street - Courtyard Across from Crystal City Metro Station & Marriott Hotel
Time: Sundown
May 11, 2009

My Addiction To...
Gilmore Girls
I love this show. I own all the seasons except the 2nd one. It's the season with Jess... I wasn't a fan of Jess.

Grinds My Gears
Maryland (Sorry Rachel and Dave).
It's an awful state. When you move to this area you have to be on a team. There are 3 teams to choose from, DC, Virginia, Maryland. I can tolerate DC people, because I have to. I work in DC and am forced to cross over 5 times a week. But I would never, and could never live in MD.
I was lucky and ended up in Virginia by chance when I moved here, but I know many a people who started in MD and made their way over to the commonwealth **cough cough Dan Hanson, Fernando Cortes, Katherine Halverson cough cough**. The one and only good thing in MD is Camden Yards. It's a beautiful field, no idea why it's in MD.

From the Foodie in Me

Quick Pasta Salad

1/2 Cup Italian Dressing
2 cups pasta (bowtie or penne is best)
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Prepare pasta as directed on box.
Strain pasta and refrigerate for an hour. (I put mine in the freezer when I'm running short on time)
Add the Italian dressing, the chopped tomato and the cheese.
Enjoy!

The great thing about this recipe is that it is completely quick and easy and you can add more stuff to it if you like, olives, diced ham, fresh spinach, broccoli, all would be good additions.

Weird Personal Fact of the Day

My "Nickname" on the back of my sorority Jersey was "15 more". Yeah... I'm not gonna tell the story why. :)

TV/ Movies/ Books

Grey's Anatomy- SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

So, that episode was the most predictable thing that I have ever seen on Grey's, but I LOVED it. All those kids dying was so sad. I will say, I'm not a huge Katherine Heigel fan. I think she's kind of a bitch, however I have to give credit where credit is due. She is an amazing actress. I'd be surprised if she wasn't nominated for an Emmy this year. She was fantastic, and looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding gown. I think the saddest part was when Alex pulled the flowers out of her hair and her hair came with it. As a woman, I think that would be the hardest part. I think I could take the chemotherapy and be strong. I just don't know how I'd deal with losing my hair. As a woman, there are a few things that define you. Your breasts and your hair are two of those major things I think. They make you feel sexy, feminine, and attractive. Unfortunately cancer makes women lose those 2 things a lot of the time. I think those women are some of the strongest, most beautiful women I know... Okay, I'm done being mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment