Thursday, April 1, 2010

Totally Unpacked!

I mean, sure, everything isn't in it's place, but it's all out of boxes and bags, and that's pretty awesome. I'm also excited that everything actually fits! I even have some closet space leftover. This is good because my craft bins need to desperately be organized (the needed organization even before I moved). I'm looking forward to tackling that obstacle sometime next week. This an engagement party to go to on Saturday, and a potluck on Easter Sunday. Woo, gonna be good.

Sacraments

So I know I've been more "Jesus-y" on here than I normally am, but I've been going to church every Sunday, so I suppose these are the unintended effects. That being said, I knew it was just a matter of time till I would have to own up, and head to confession. The recommendation for confession is 4-6 times a year. Some people even go as often as every month. I went 2 years ago. So as you can imagine, it's not a favorite thing of mine to do. I would actually venture to say it's my least favorite part of being Catholic. Still, I knew I needed to go, and I know how important it is. I arrived about 20 minutes early, because if there is one thing my 15 years of being catholic has taught me, is that we Catholics like to procrastinate. I knew there would be an insane line. I was the first one there and when I went in there were about 4 people behind me in line. When I walked out there were about 20 people. Totally called it. At the end of the day I am glad that I went. There is such a feeling of relief walling out of the confessional. You feel.... light. The closest thing I can compare it to is being done with a really hard final exam. I know that sounds silly, but it's that same sense of relief, and knowing it's now all in the past, and it's time to start anew.
So, until I do more bad stuff, I'm glad I went.

TV/Books/Movies

How had I never seen all of Arrested Development? Please explain this to me, someone. This show is freaking hilarious. There are only 3 season, and episodes are about 20 minutes long each. Ron Howard is the narrator, and Jason Bateman is the star. It's the kind of humor that makes you laugh out loud. No, really, I had shut my office door today, while I snuck an episode in. I highly recommend!

Around Town

It's spring which means it's cherry blossom time. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be the peak days for the cherry blossoms. I know there are hoards of tourists, but if you can stand it, I suggest you make it out and snap some shots, after all we live in DC because of stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment