Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Awesome Weekend

I feel like I have a million things to write about... but it's probably just 5... so here we go:

Thursday

So I normally don't drink very much these days, but for some reason I totally drank for 4 days straight this weekend. Thursday night I went over to Bill and Lydia's house for wine and pizza. it ended up being a lot more wine than pizza and I spent the night on their sofa.
(Also, Lydia has a blog in my blog roll, check it out).

Friday

Friday was painful. I powered thru the day and after an afternoon nap I met up with Frank. We had a few drinks at Spider Kelly's. SK's is an AWESOME new-ish bar. They have pool and video games, and basketball. It's total playtime. I love it, they did everything right that you could do with a bar. I think it's going to be my new favorite spot.
After a quick slice of pizza I called it an early night.

Saturday

Saturday I started the morning off with girls brunch in Eastern Market. We had brunch at Tunnicliffs. This place is the bomb diggity. Yes, I just used the phrase "bomb diggity". I tried something on the menu that seemed outlandish... an omelet with mashed potatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream. You read that right. MASHED POTATOES. This omelet was epic. I don't ever want to have eggs without mashed potatoes again. It was seriously that good.

After brunch we wandered around the market for a bit, I bought myself a kickass ring, and then I headed to Anna Pope's BBQ.

Anna throws an awesome BBQ. Tamsin and managed to find Abita Strawberry Lager at Aerowine. We brought a couple of six packs and enjoyed the burgers, beer, and sun in our sundresses.

After the BBQ I went home and started a craft project. Tamsin picked me up a few hours later and we met up with Anna H. for karaoke! There is this awesome bar in south Arlington called LA Cafe. It's a hole in the wall place, and SO much fun. There are a few "best parts" to it. I love the fact that it is walking distance from my house (so I'll totally go again). Also, there were 7 of us, drinking pitchers pretty steadily. At the end of the night, our tab was $77. That is including 2 shots (which Tamsin and I took). i was convinced they were missing a 1 at the beginning of that. I was prepared to spend $40ish on the night, and we walked out of there with an $11 tab. You can't beat it.

Sunday

I actually made it to mass in the morning, nothing short of amazing. After that I went to brunch with Frank at 11th Street Lounge. They have $1 mimosas. Total win. After the mimosas we hung out in his backyard with the neighbor. Soaked up some sun and read on US Weekly. I pwned him in some bocce ball. It was a great Sunday.

All in all this was one of the best weekends I have had in a really long time.

School Zones

Is it just me or are school zones not long enough? I drive through two on my way to work, they are literally the length of the school and that's it. I feel like there should be some sort of block radius that acts as a buffer. Kids are walking in all directions. I try to keep my speed really slow int he areas around schools, even if it's not technically within the zone. Just some food for thought.

TV/TV/ and More TV

I think I mentioned that I am going without cable these days. I watch my TV on hulu and I ordered netflix. So far this seems to be working. With Netflix/Hulu I watch seasons at a time of shows that aren't on the air anymore.
So far I have watched Lost, Arrested Development, and am currently watching Friday Night Lights.

I LOVE all three of these shows.

Lost is almost off the air and just some of the best writing I have seen on TV ever.

Arrested Development is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. I have SO many LOL moments. It's one of those shows that you want to own and watch all the time.

Friday Night Lights is comprised of two of my favorite things... football and Texas. I really should have been watching this show from day 1. I have no idea why I wasn't. I'm slowly making my way thru it all.

I also have to mention Treme in this section. This is a new show on HBO. The first episode was on Sunday night. It was truly awesome. It really took me back. I lived in NOLA for 4 years, and I still go back to visit regularly. I remember my first visit back, it was heart wrenching. The producers of this show really captured what it was to be there, and live it. I will totally be keeping up with this series, and I highly recommend it to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment