Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I cant believe I got everything done today!

Mass at St. Anne's was beautiful, as usual. I defiantly have found the church for me. This morning I made it to the 9:30am mass. I had to park really far because more people are in church on Easter, so the parking lot was already full. Luckily I got a seat... but it was at the end of pew that jets out so I didn't have a kneeler! I thought my old lady knees were gonna give out on me, but I offered it up, and made it thru. I'm happy I've made my way back to church.

After mass I came back home to start cook... in heels, while wearing pearls. I was terrified I was going to get my dress dirty, so I eventually put my pjs back on. My kitchen still looks like a total nightmare. I did cut up all the veggies for the veggie kabobs, made Italian seasoned green beans, Made carrot cake and cream cheese frosting... from scratch, oh, and a pasta salad to top it off. I ran all the food down to my car, in addition to a small wooden table. I raced to Ballston to pick up Deidre, realized I forgot the wine in my fridge, raced back to my apartment. Then Deidre realized she forgot the goat cheese, so we made an emergency stop at Giant. In the end everything was absolutely delicious and everyone had a great time. I am still stuffed from all the food. In addition to my fixins we had mustard potato salad, roasted potatoes, goat cheese and walnut salad with a yummy vinaigrette, deviled eggs, ham, fruit salad, rolls, candy, cookies, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something... but it was all devine.
Had a great time with friends, eating outside, and enjoying Easter together.

Right now I'm pooped, trying not to look directly into my kitchen at the catastrophe that is waiting for me there. The apartment started off so clean this weekend! Sigh, it's a mess, but a mess that is well worth it!

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I wished I lived alone so I could let messes marinate.. ;>) Miraculously it didn't take me too long though.. but friggin tired. It was a really nice day!

    ReplyDelete