I was talking a friend earlier about getting a mutual friend a "baby warming" gift.
I decided to get her books. They are gender neutral, and you can use them for your next kid.
In no particular order, my top 10 favorite children's books (ages 0-12):
1. The Giving Tree
2. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (love all the Ramona Books)
3. The Gingerbread Man (I dont remember, but my mom says it was my favorite as a toddler)
4. Where the Wild Things Are
5. A Wrinkle in Time
6. Where the Red Fern Grows (this was my brothers all time fave book)
7. Charlotte's Web
8. If you Give a Mouse a Cookie
9. Sideway Stories from Wayside School
10. From the Mixed Up Files of Ms Basil E Frankweiler
11. The Secret Garden
12. A Light in the Attic
13. Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs
14. Goodnight Moon
15. The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
16. Millions of Cats
17. Miss Nelson is Missing!
18. Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears
19. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
20. The Indian In the Cupboard.
Okay, I know I said 10, but I just couldn't stop myself. Stopping at 20 was hard.
What are some of your favorite children's books?