Monday, August 3, 2009

Sweaty Men Falling From the Sky...

Weekend Recap

Sarah and I watched them on Sunday at sportrock in Alexandria. We signed up to go indoor rock climbing. Although there were no boys in our group the place was packed with sweaty, in shape, guys without their shirts on. It was worth the money just for the eye candy.
I really liked rock climbing but today my arms are killing me. I think I used muscles that my body forgot I had. I had a great time, and I think I'll be back. It's $18 to climb all you want. Although, I think I'll go back in the early morning next time. By the afternoon the place is crawling with kids. They were all well-behaved but it was ridiculously crowded.

Aside from the rock climbing it was a good weekend. I made my way to Sarah's on Saturday as well to taste test some of her vegan fare. It's always quite tasty which I am amazed by. Though the red beans and rice could have used some sausage and hot sauce, it still made for a hearty meal. After the tasting, and spending some quality time looking up Saved by the Bell clips on youtube, we headed into old town for some quality dancing time. It's been ages since I danced it up, it was a lot of fun.

From the Foodie in Me

Actually, it's from the foodie in Sarah. For those of you who have never tried Quinoa, it's delish. It has the constancy and look of caviar, but it's a grain. Basically it's an option other than rice or pasta. It's really light tasting, and I recommend it. For recipes using quinoa go to allrecipes.com

Around Town

A screening of Elizabeth Taylor's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" Admission is free.
Located at National Theater: 1321 Pennsylvania Ave NW.
6:30pm, call 202-783-6854

Books/ Movies/TV

Lord of the Flies

Although I had plans on Saturday and Sunday, my Friday was quite unplanned. I made a trip to Barnes and Noble and knocked another book off my reading list.
Lord of the Flies in an amazing novel. I can't believe I had never read it. I twas definitely one of those books you want to discuss in your high school English class. You want to learn all about the symbolism and the metaphors. Basically the book challenges the nature of man. Golding thinks that at the root of himself, man is savage. While I don't agree with his stance, it's one of the best political books I have ever read. I love when an author cant take his or her point of view and convey it in a narrative. Virginia Woolf should take notes.

Grinds My Gears

I have become one of THOSE people. The people I used to hate. That's right... My name is Tina, and I'm a blackberry addict.
I used to (and still) abhor the people who would pull out their blackberries mid-conversation and check their email. They would compulsively scroll thru screens while in the midst of dinner... now I find myself doing the same thing. The sad thing is, I want an iPhone, I know that's only going to be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment