Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random Raves

I love having time off from work, I'm getting caught up on so much stuff that you don't normally have time to do.

Redbox

has anyone else tried these things? They are amazing! It's basically a blockbuster/netflix vending machine. They are at a lot of 7-11's. I hadn't tried one because I used to have comcast on demand, and netflix, and streaming netflix, but since those things are gone, i decided to give it a shot. Basically you can rent a movie from the vending machine fro $1 a night. If you don't have time to bring it back, it charges you another dollar. After a certain amount of days (i think a month) if you still haven't returned the movie, it's yours to keep and they stop charging you. So far I have seen 3 movies and loved the idea that they cost me a total of $3. If there is one near you, I highly recommend it.

Movie/TV/Books

17 Again

That's right, I am reviewing a movie starring Zac Efron. He is so dreamy..... not really he just looks so GD young! It's impossible for me to have a crush. All in all I enjoyed the movie. It was extremely predictable and exactly what you would a expect. It was every 17 year old girl's secret indulgence movie... or maybe every 26 year old girls...

From the Foodie in Me

Tonight I went to a girl's night at my friend Becky's apartment. It was lots of girls hanging out, talking and consuming some great wine. We got on the subject of restaurant week and we went over some steak house recommendations. Becky was going to Morton's... which I like, but I like Prime rib even more. I think it's a flashback to the 50's. When me where men. No casual clothes allowed... I love it. I also recommended BLT Steak. It's loud and posh, but a lot of fun. The food is really good, but a bit of a spin on your classic steak.

Furlough Day 3

Today I cleaned out the basement.


This is the before picture. Stuff stacked everywhere, laundry baskets anyplace you could put them, boxes upon boxes... ugh...


This is the after picture. Neatly stack boxes, baskets are neatly places, bags are hanging from the walls... places to store things. empty trash bin...

And this is my pride and joy. If you follow my blog you know that I have to have my towels folded a certain way. I'm a little bit OCD about my linens. I unfolded, then refolded all the sheets and towels on this shelf... loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment