Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From The Capitol: National Capitol BBQ Battle

It's no secret that I am from Texas. This means certain things are instilled in my from birth: I love football, I know that the best parking spaces aren't determined by distance from your end location but by amount of shade given, and I LOVE BBQ.
There is an awesome place in Dallas that I go to for all my BBQ needs, Hardeman's BBQ. It's pretty much the best BBQ ever made. As a general rule of thumb I don't eat beef BBQ anyplace but Texas. I just know I'll be disappointed, so I stick to pork or chicken. BUT the National Capitol BBQ battle brings out people from all areas of our great nation. I know that I will be able to find some good Texas BBQ.

The BBQ Battle is a fundraiser for The Boys and Girls Club of Washington DC. Tickets are $10 and include free samples of BBQ. There are also many vendors there selling BBQ and other sundries.
For more information go to: http://www.bbqdc.com/

I hope to see you there!

Love, Tina Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment