Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rent The Runway

I'm warning ya'll upfront, tihs is a ridiculously girly post.

I've been a member of "Rent the Runway" for awhile now. The idea is that instead of paying hundreds of dollars for a dress for a special occasion you can rent it for a fraction of the cost. even though I have been a member for awhile, I've never actually used the site. I am the biggest bargain shopper ever. I never pay full price for anything, and I'm not a label snob, so I can usually find a dress for less than the cost of a rental.

Today in my inbox I had a special offer though. Rent the Runway is giving me a $50 credit for my birthday! I jumped on the website and started to sort through the dresses. I knew I didn't really want to spend anything out of pocket.

I found the Hampton Harbor Dress, which I think is lovely. It also looks comfotable enough to sit around in the backyard in, which is the birthday plan.


The Hampton Harbor Dress


The problem with the Hampton Harbor Dress is that I'll end up having to spend $15 extra out of pocket. Now, I know $15 isn't a lot of money, but keep in mind I had intended to spend $0 before the coupon.


I also found the Aztec dress. I like it too, but not nearly as much.

The Aztec Dress


The Aztec Dress would cost me $5 out of pocket. I feel like $5 is more justifiable of an expense.


A third option would be to head off to Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls, Ross, or TJ Maxx and spend $25 or less on a dress I get to KEEP.


A fourth option would be to wear one of the 85 dresses already hanging in my closet. This option is boring, and for the time being I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. :)


This is where ya'll come in! I need advice! Which dress (if any) do you think I should choose? Has anyone used Rent the Runway before? Did you like it?


Help!


Love,

Tina Marie


1 comment:

  1. 1. Please enable name/URL commenting on your blog and I will comment more.
    2. I got the same birthday special and ended up doing it! T'was fun. http://losingweightinthecity.com/2012/02/29s-not-so-bad/ The dress fit really well, too.

    ReplyDelete