Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cher, Also, This Post Isn't Kid Friendly

Do you read The Bloggess? No? You should. Like right now. Seriously, I'll wait.

If you do read her, you know that she has a giant metal chicken named Beyonce.
Story here:
http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

Picture of awesomeness here:

Best Part is I saved that image on my computer as "KnockKnockMotherFucker".

So fastforward to me moving here amd driving up and down River Road everyday. Everyday passing the River Road Flea Market, and passing this:

PICTURE

Yep, a sea of metal chickens.
Now, the logical person would have a chuckle and move on.

This is what I did:

me: I'm buying a metal chicken for my yard. I need a name.

Anne: I'll think about it and get back to you. Chastity comes to mind.

me: I was thinking Cher.
me: Not Cher the singer. Cher from Clueless.

Anne: That is a good one. What about Heather?

me: Ooo. Maybe I need TWO giant metal chickens.

For those of you who don't get the Heather reference, go watch "The Heathers". I'll wait.
For those who do get it, we can still be friends.

And that is the story of how I decided I needed two metal chickens for the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment