Thursday, October 14, 2010

Harper's Ferry

I know I spent the earlier part of the week bashing on West Virginia, but just so you know, there are redeeming factors. We decided to make the most of our trip and stop over in Harper's Ferry.
It's a charming historic town, and part of the Appalachian trail. I think this was the best part of the trip.


This was the view across the Shenandoah River. It was just gorgeous.


We walked across this old bridge along railroad tracks.
The train came by super slowly, and I had time to snap a picture.


We had "lunch" in town, which consisted of custard (for the other girls) and apple dumpling (for me). It was SO GOOD.


This was our view from our lunch spot. It's such a cute little town, totally worth a day trip.

This is the church in town, it dates back to 1896.



And finally, the gratuitous picture of us in front of the scenic background.

Final thought:
Harper's Ferry: yay!
Charles Town: nay!

No comments:

Post a Comment