Monday, October 18, 2010

Exploring DC

A few months ago my friend Tamsin had an idea. She thought that every month a group of us girls should go out and explore DC. We would have brunch, and plan activities in neighborhoods that we wouldn't normally visit. So far it's been a success.
We've been to Eastern Market, and U Street, and most recently Sarah led us on an excursion to paddle boat in the tidal basin and visit the DC fish market.
While I had done the paddle boats before (almost 5 years ago) I had never been tot he fish market.

I had a blast! The fish market actually has decent prices and the freshest fish you can get in the area. I'll defiantly be back for my future seafood needs and the boats were only $19 for an hour for 4 people!
I didn't manage to capture a pic of the market, but I got a few whilst we were boating:

Sarah enjoying the sunshine with the Jefferson memorial in the background.


Anna Pope is all smiles!

2 comments:

  1. Why will you go back defiantly if you liked it so much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it really been 5 years since we did the paddle-boat thing?

    ReplyDelete