Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Camping, Part Deux

Did I spell "duex" right? Maybe I should have said part "dos"?

Anyways, A few weeks ago a few friends and I decided to go camping before the weather got too cold. If you remember I went camping over July 4th weekend in the Shenandoah Mountains. For this trip I returned to the Shenandoah Mountains, but a different camp site.
I learned one very important thing from this trip that I would like to share:

I NEED a sleeping bag for October camping!

I was so cold at night the first night that I couldn't sleep. To fix this problem for the second night Tamsin and I (we were sharing a tent and were equally as cold) put rocks in the fire.
We then took the hot rocks out of the fire and wrapped them in t-shirts and towels and put the rocks in bed with us.

This was what remained of the shirts and towels:


Yeah, not doing that again. We did stay warm though.
I think next year I'll just invest in that sleeping bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment