Monday, February 15, 2010

I Should be Drunk for These Kinds of Shenanigans

Thomas Jefferson Memorial... at nite!

As most of my readers know I have a wicked case of insomnia. Most nights I am awake really late. On Saturday night a friend of mine happened to be up really late as well. He was in town visiting for the weekend. So, we did the logical thing. I went to pick him up at 3am and we drove around the monuments at night. I really think the only way to see the monuments is at night. They are beautiful when they are all lit up. Also the monuments really make me remember why I moved to DC in the first place. I wanted to be where all the action was happening.


Mike at the TJ Memorial. At 4am, we were (shockingly) the only people there.

DC Anniversary

Today is my 4 year anniversary of moving to DC. When I moved here I had a plan. I was staying for 1 year, 2 max, gaining experience, and then moving back to Texas. It's now been 4 years and I don't see an end in sight. I think I really lucked out. I enjoy living here and have made some awesome friends. Amusingly enough, 4 years ago I started my job the day after President's Day. Tomorrow I will also start a new job. I'm really looking forward to it, but it's nice to not be 22 anymore. I've learned a lot these past 4 years and I intend to apply all I have learned to my future job.

No comments:

Post a Comment