Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reflecting --- it's a Jesus-y One.

It's no secret that I'm Catholic. I think I've made it fairly well known.
That said, this Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. Lent is a time of reflection. We sacrifice something, just like Jesus sacrificed himself for us. Last year I gave up using gChat on my blackberry.
It might have been the most difficult thing I have ever given up during Lent, including the time I gave up meat for a whole 40 days. Most people give something up, like candy, or fried food. However, it is also completely acceptable to give something during Lent. A few years ago, for Lent, I decided to make my way back to Church. Even though I've always been Catholic, my church going was sparse to say the least, But ever since that Lent I've made mass a weekly ritual. This year, once again, I've decided to give something, rather than give something up. So, starting next week, every week until Easter, I am going to make a second trip to church. During this trip I'm going to say a rosary. I have always felt a special bond to the Blessed Mother, and I feel like it's time for me to acknowledge that. I know the Catholic views of the Virgin Mary are different from a lot of other religions. If you want to know more you can always do research in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It's basically a manual for what we believe and why.

Is anyone else giving up, or giving something for Lent?

Love, Tina Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment