Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things I Am Looking Forward To/ Tina's Favorite Things

*** April 9th Post***

So After my last kind of downer of a post I figured I should brighten everyone's day with things I'm looking forward to/ Tina's favorite things list.

Casey's Bachelorette Weekend/ California in August! 

This is our beach retreat in Atlantic City. Fabulous times were had. 

I love hanging out with my sorority sisters. Even when we haven't seen each other in months and years we always manage to pick back up where we left off. It's amazing to have sisters all across the world (Hey Tamsin, you make Epsilon Mu and international thing!)

Pairing/ Favorite thing for this trip: 
My giant straw hat. 

If you don't have a giant straw hat you have no idea what you are missing out on. It's fashionable, you can tie a variety of ribbons around the base to fit any color scheme. It's beige so it doesn't show dirt, and it's travels amazingly well... or at least mine does. I take it along any time I plan to be out and about outside. Love it. 

Second thing I'm looking forward to: 

DC Trip/ Memorial Day in the OBX!


This is one of my favorite pictures of all time (OBX 2009)

Every Memorial Day my DC friends and I would leave the city for Memorial Day and take refuge in a huge house in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I love the beaches there, and it always made for a nice extra long weekend get away with friends. Even though I live in NOLA now I have decided to keep the OBX tradition alive (I'm the planner). This year not only will it be an awesome weekend at the beach, but it will be an awesome weekend with my friends who I haven't seen in SIX MONTHS! So excited! 

Awesome Pairing/ Thing I love: 

My lodge cast iron skillet. 
I know that this may seem like an odd pairing for a beach trip, but trust me, they go together. My friend Sarah makes the most amazing pancakes in the world. She makes them for the whole group at the beach. She bakes them on cast iron skillets in the oven. Maybe some day I'll get her to guest post and share the recipe with ya'll... Sarah? 
Till then, know that this is a great skillet for a great price, and I highly recommend. 

Final thing I'm looking forward to: 

My own place to live! 

I've been sharing a house, but I've decided to get a place all my own. I'm super excited about this. 

Thing I love/ Awesome Pairing: 

Pinterest! I've been able to keep track of a lot of my awesome decorating ideas on my pinterest boards. 
You can follow me too!


So now it's time to go on pinterest and waste 3-4 hours. :)

Love, 

Tina Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment