Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Running Like the Wind

Okay, so maybe I'm not exactly running like the wind, but I AM running. Even though I let one of my 30b430 goals get away from me doesn't mean I will let all of the slide away. I keep trying to schedule a time to accomplish number six:

Run a 5k, no walking allowed.

I'm so close to this goal. I started the Couch to 5K program 6 weeks ago. It's an eight week program, and by the end of it I'm supposed to be able to run a 5K. I have to say... It is working! It's a great training program, it really built me up from nothing. When I started I couldn't even run 30 seconds without needing to stop and walk. I'm now up to 10 minute runs! I know it might not sound like a lot, but for me it is a HUGE accomplishment. Also, I don't just run 10 minutes, I just get a break and get to walk after 10 minutes. Usually the break is about 3 minutes long, and then I run for another 10 minutes. I really think that I'll be able to accomplish my goal in just a few more weeks. The biggest problem is going to be finding a 5K to run in. I had plans to run in a 5K in NOLA, but now I'm not sure that will happen, as I am moving. The goal is to find a 5K in East Texas. They are plentiful in Dallas, which is a good hour drive from my parent's house. I may have to suck it up and drive it. We will see. In the meantime I'm just really excited to reach my goal. I even think I want to continue with the running and train for a 10K next!


Love,
Tina Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment