Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Crafts

I've hit a crafting wall this fall. My house is finally completely decorated. I feel as all of my inspiration has flown out the door with the summer sun. I know this will pass after Thanksgiving when I can start decorating for Christmas. (I'm a firm believer that you cannot put up Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving.)

Until then, in order get get into the fall spirit I revisited a craft I have done before....


It involved cutting lots and lots of circles of fabric



And making pretty ruffles with them...

Then you add a well placed bow....

And you have a fall wreath!

You can find my tutorial for this here.
Oh, and because I said I would tell ya'll how much I spend on my crafts:

hanger: Free (from my closet)
Ribbon: $1 (I had this in my ribbon stash, but I think I got it for $1 at Michael's)
Fabric circles: Free (I used the fabric from a blouse and a dress I didn't want anymore. I'm always trying to re-purpose good fabric)

No comments:

Post a Comment